Sunday, July 17, 2011

Never judge a book until you have completely read it


I was born August 4, 1995. My cousin, Jose, was born September 5, 1995. I am only one month and one day older than him, so we are very close. I consider him more like my brother than my cousin, because we do many things together. We grow up by each other’s side. 
When we were four years old we were in the same school, “Colegio Internacional de Guatemala”, but one year later I changed school. However, we were still very close, because we saw each other every Saturday in my grandma’s house. Last year I, again, changed to “Colegio Internacional de Guatemala”, so we became even closer.
One day, when I didn’t study in Internacional yet, we were watching TV in my grandmother’s house, he came with this little joke:
“I have a girlfriend!” said Jose one Saturday.
“What?! When?! And Why?!” was my answer.
“Yes, look at her picture” and he showed me his phone.
I instantly didn’t like her, she have me a bad feeling. She seemed a very spoiled girl. In the picture she appeared holding both hands with Jose and they were making eye contact. Both of them were very formally dressed. She was wearing a green dress that reached to her knee, and he was wearing a black suit, with a white shirt and a tie.
I do not know why I didn’t like her, I just didn’t. Maybe because I am a jealous person. No, I do not think that was the real reason. Just kidding, it obviously was. I didn’t like the thought of him with her. Nevertheless, what could I do? Nothing. It was his life and only he could decide with whom to be. This was my consolation. I told him that I didn’t like her, but I never explained why or how much.  I just thought he might have his own reason to like her, and me, instead, didn’t even know her.
Last year when I passed from Colegio Valle Verde to Colegio Internacional I had the grateful honor to met her. This is what I call “sarcasm”. In real life she seemed shorter and way shyer. For this time my cousin and her were no longer boyfriends, but that didn’t changed my opinion about her. I sill didn’t like her, at all.
Thankfully she was not in my class, so I didn’t worry about her for a time, until I started to become friends with her best friend, Mariam. Mariam was a really good friend so I went to spent recess with them. Not because of her, obviously, but because of Mariam. When one of the three of us was talking we all listened, but if it was her who was talking, she only talked to Mariam. And if it was I, I only talked to Mariam too. This made recess a very uncomfortable and awkward time.
With time we started becoming friends, or maybe we were just getting used to it. By this time, in the recess if someone was talking, she talked to all three, not to just one, like before. However, I still liked Mariam more, she seemed more honest, sincere, and better friend. The year passed by like this. I still didn’t like her completely, and I am sure she still felt exactly the same.
At the end of the year thing were a lot better. I could say we were friends, not the best ones, but we were good ones.
This year it changed completely. We became very close. Much more than I could have ever imagined.  I trusted her completely, and I am sure she trusted me too. She is very funny and she always made me laugh. I could pass hours laughing because of her fault. We had the advantage that we live very close, so I went to her house many times, and she went to mine.
She accidentally taught me that I should never judge someone by his/her looks, not even if someone told me something about them or something like that. You should always get to know people by yourself, before you make wrong conclusions about them that have nothing to do with how they truly are.

2 comments:

  1. I know that story! I love the way you describe the moment and you sometimes make an error judging before meeting.
    My entry is just the opposite as yours jajajajajajaja.
    I love your writing and "KEEP MOVING FORWARD!" (Walt Disney)
    aprendi a citar! jajajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. today we found a new entertainment...BLOGGER! i cant stop posting !! this is as great as the last one!

    ReplyDelete