Monday, July 25, 2011

That beautiful Evening

It was Friday and I decided I was not going to do anything. I wanted to just stay in my house, watch a movie maybe, and mainly sleep. I really did not want to do ANYTHING. The song The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars perfectly applied to my status at that time, I would only change the rhythm of the song, a few words, and I would make it a little more boring and slower, so it would fit even better. 

I felt tired, angry, and maybe even a little sad. I did not know why, but this was not the first time it happened to me, so I did not get scared or anything. To make this even better, it was beginning to rain and the sky was full of gray clouds. Well, to tell the truth, there were not any clouds to be seen, but the sky was completely gray, so I supposed they were so many that they had to become one huge one, blocking the sun completely. Not even a sunbeam could be seen. Because of this, the weather turned very cold, like it was a November or December evening, so I had to put on a sweater and a pair of socks, which I hate using inside my house, but in this case it was perfect for the occasion. 

Before all this, I came back from school at 3:00 pm like every other day. I went to the bathroom and my employee ask me if I was going to eat, I agreed. Then, I went to the kitchen, I ate a bit, and I went upstairs to my parents bedroom. 

Why their bedroom and not mine? I do not have a TV, because my dad thinks that if he puts a TV on my bedroom or my sister's bedroom, our family could separate. 

I got inside my parents bed and turned the TV on. After a time I noticed that there was nothing interesting to watch, so I turned it off. I took out my iPod, my headphones, and disconnected myself from reality. Lying there, doing almost nothing, I stared at the window that has a view to the forest, and obviously to the sky too, which, as I said before, was completely gray, like the color of the blocks of our classroom. Not with the same texture for sure, but the color is very alike. In that moment I felt calm. I felt some kind of peace I cannot have when I am in school, or in a party, or not even in my own house. 

Now that I think about it, I realize that if the sky would have been completely clear with a big, yellow, and shinning sun that if you look at it directly your eyer would hurt, I would not have felt this kind of peace, neither I would have been all tired and angry. It would have changed the situation completely. Maybe I would have not felt the way I did, and I would be all happy and exited. Maybe I would have gone to the movies, or to a friend's house, or a friend would have come to my house, I don't know, maybe even a party. The sure thing is that it would have been different. Very different. 

Therefore, I reached a conclusion. Weather can be a great influence in how you feel, what you wear, and what you do. So next time you think about it, don't see it like just weather, think of it as a thing that can determine what you do the day it decides to be different.

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone identifies the weather with a song...

    ReplyDelete